EnviroMetro October Update
- We formed Technical Advisory Committee working groups, which honed in on specific metrics that could be used to evaluate Metro’s progress towards achieving our policy priorities. We recommended those metrics to the Metro Board in this letter.
- We met with several Metro Board Director offices to discuss our policy platform, and received some good tips on how we could try to incorporate our priorities into all of Metro’s practices.
- We provided feedback on Metro staff’s first draft of performance measures by which to evaluate transit and highway projects, and succeeded in adding the following new sustainability metrics:
– Reduce GHG emissions
– Reduce urban heat island effect
– Reduce storm water runoff impacts
– Reduce biological and habitat impact
– Improve public health
– Improve access to parks and open space